Welcome to the Göttingen Campus postdoc portal
A postdoc or postdoctoral researcher is defined here as a PhD holder who conducts professional research under a time-limited contract or fellowship. However, information on this portal can be relevant from late-stage PhD level to early-stage independent group leader, researcher or (Junior) Professor.
Workshops, Seminars, Events and Training
Do you know workshops or events for postdocs that we should mention? Please do not hesitate to contact us.
- 18-19 March 2019 - WoCaNet 2019
- 20 March 2019 - Was macht eigentlich… Der Pressesprecher und Leiter der Öffentlichkeitsarbeit? Thomas Richter
- 20-23 March 2019 - 13th Göttingen Meeting of the German Neuroscience Society
- 21 March 2019 - Management von Belastungen bei digitalen Formen der Zusammenarbeit
- 27 March 2019 - *Metrics in transition
- 27-30 March 2019 - XXXV. Deutscher Kunsthistorikertag
- 4 April 2019 - 2nd Postdoc Support and Information Fair
- 8 May 2019 - Bilingual Career Forum „netWORKING in Germany – Berufseinstieg in Deutschland“
- 5-16 August 2019 - Summer School “Data Science”
Göttingen Campus Postdoc Network
The Göttingen Campus Postdoc Network is run by and for postdoctoral researchers of the Göttingen Campus. The Postdoc Network aims at facilitating communication and information exchange among the Postdocs in Göttingen, organizing events, and founding an alumni network. Meet the founding members and the committee members of the Postdoc Network here.
Get connected and have your say: subscribe to our mailing list to become part of the Göttingen Campus Postdoc Network.
Individual mentoring, specific skills training and advisory services – find out about the wide variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Joining a network is the ideal way to access appropriate support and information for your needs and career stage. Here are some of the networks across the campus.
Mental health support
Everyone needs support some time. There are many different types of support and ways to access this support. Here is an overview of assistance offered regionally and nationwide.
- Articles published by Elsevier - most German universities and research institutions will not have access to new articles published by Elsevier (background information). In general, the archive is still available for most subjects. In order to access recent articles you can use the following options:
- Contact librarians for single time purchase of required article(s) – to order articles through the SUB use the form here
- Those of you who have access to universities outside Germany, can access articles through international libraries
- Send an article request email to the corresponding author(s)
- To access legal open access versions of articles, try these tools: https://unpaywall.org/ | https://kopernio.com/ | https://openaccessbutton.org/
- Recommended hands-on guide
Eleven quick tips that researchers can follow to more effectively and precisely discover data that meet their specific needs.
- The surprises of starting as a new PI
The unexpected surprises and setbacks of running your own lab: four researchers who just became PIs