Welcome to the Göttingen Campus postdoc portal
A postdoc or postdoctoral researcher is defined here as a PhD holder who conducts professional research under a time-limited contract or fellowship. However, information on this portal can be relevant from late-stage PhD level to early-stage independent group leader, researcher or (Junior) Professor.
Workshops, Seminars, Events and Training
Do you know workshops or events for postdocs that we should mention? Please do not hesitate to contact us.
- 19 September 2018 - Open Science in other countries/institutions
- 19 September 2018 - Positionen im Wissenschaftsmanagement: Was macht eigentlich... eine Forschungsreferentin für Graduiertenkollegs?
- 26 Semptember 2018 - Info über Mittag: Psychische Belastungen am Arbeitsplatz – eine Gefährdung?!
- 27 September 2018 - (Laterales) Führen im Team
- 27 - 28 September 2018 - The sixth GOEvol Meeting
- 9 October 2018 - Exploring the Company World – a Scenario Workshop
- 17 October 2018 - Was macht eigentlich... die Koordinatorin GAUSS Career Service und Alumninetzwerke?
- 22 October 2018 - Fostering Fruitful Connections - The Use of Networking for Increasing Visibility
- 24 October 2018 - Info über Mittag: Diskriminierung erkennen und handeln
- 5 November 2018 - Appointment Procedures in Germany: How to Apply for Professorships
- 28 November 2018 - Info über Mittag: Wege zur Konfliktklärung in der Universität
- 7 - 9 November 2018 - ENABLE biomedical conference
- 8 November 2018 - Was macht eigentlich... ein Fakultätsreferent? #
- 5 December 2018 - Info über Mittag: Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz - WissZeitVG
- 23 January 2019 - Was macht eigentlich... der Abteilungsleiter Göttingen International?
Göttingen Campus Postdoc Network
The Göttingen Campus Postdoc Network is run by and for postdoctoral researchers of the Göttingen Campus. The Postdoc Network aims at facilitating communication and information exchange among the Postdocs in Göttingen, organizing events, and founding an alumni network. Meet the founding members and the committee members of the Postdoc Network here.
Get connected and have your say: subscribe to our mailing list to become part of the Göttingen Campus Postdoc Network.
Mental health support
Everyone needs support some time. There are many different types of support and ways to access this support. Here is an overview of assistance offered regionally and nationwide.
New to Göttingen? Get information about accommodation, administration, the job market and more here.
- The surprises of starting as a new PI
The unexpected surprises and setbacks of running your own lab: four researchers who just became PIs
- The Awesomest 7-Year Postdoc
An interesting perspective about the tenure track
- Mental Health
is an important theme identified by the GC Postdoc Committee. Have a look this article from the Max Planck PhDnet, which features Göttingen.
- Publishing scams
Note that you can get sound advice from the Göttingen SUB here. There is a section on predatory publishing at the bottom of the page and here. There are also useful guides on line such as think, check, submit which will help you consider the best places to publish.
- Recent troubles highlight need for change
See this article from Science which features an interview with Jana Lasser (spokesperson for PhDNet and doctoral student at the MPI for Dynamics and Self-Organisation).